Cacahouètes piquantes au Poivre du Sichuan 50Hertz, 156 g (5,5 onces)
1. Sichuan pepper has zero heat and is not spicy at all! People confuse it because it is often paired with chili peppers and Chili is the one that brings the heat
2. Sichuan pepper is not a pepper, it comes from the citrus family
3. These dried Sichuan peppers are actually not peppercorn. They’re the dried husk of the Sichuan pepper berry and not the black seed that is found inside of it.
4. Sichuan pepper is not just from Sichuan, it’s from a bunch of other places
5. The correct name for it is actually flower pepper which is a direct translation from the chinese term hua jiao
These peanuts are special.
Delicious peanuts and just enough tingly, not too much or too little.
This is a wonderful snack for anyone who appreciates the ma la sensation of Sichuan peppercorns. I buy them in a four pack for myself and others. I give them as gifts. They have the right amount of crunch, salt, and ground peppercorn. When the peanuts are gone I pour the crushed peppercorns and salt at the bottom of the can into my mouth.