Ingredients (serving 4)
- 3-4 pounds oxtail
- 1 cup AP flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, diced with seeds
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup dry sherry, or beef broth
- 1/2 box of pitted dry prunes
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp each dried rosemary and thyme
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 cups beef broth
- Fresh cilantro
- 50 Hertz Red Sichuan Pepper oil
Dredge oxtail in seasoned flour, let sit for 10 mins.
Add 4 TABS of veg oil in skillet, lightly brown oxtail over medium heat, about 3 mins each side. Set aside on plate.
Sauté onions, carrots, jalapenos and garlic for about 5 mins in the same oil. Stir occasionally, deglaze with Worcestershire and sherry. Add remaining ingredients except cilantro and Sichuan oil.
Bring to boil, add oxtail to hot stew. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours or until tender, Stir often.
Serve in bowl, topped with fresh cilantro and a splash of 50 Hertz Red Sichuan Oil to taste. Add crusty French bread for gravy sopping!
I’m going to give this a try, but instead of swinging steak, I’ll use short ribs.