Needing an afternoon pick-me-up? We decided to get tingly with 50Hertz Green Sichuan Pepper Oil. We took some leftover Thai basil, a half cut lime, and an English cucumber in the fridge. Inspired by a mojito, we muddled the basil, lime, some sugar, and green Sichuan pepper oil as the base for a super refreshing mocktail.
- 8 Leaves Thai Basil, or regular basil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- slice of lime to garnish
- 1/4 tsp 50Hertz green Sichuan pepper oil
- In a cocktail shaker, add the basil, sugar, lime juice, and 50Hertz Green Sichuan Pepper Oil. Muddle until the sugar is dissolved.
- Prepare two glasses with ice.
- Rather than adding ice into the shaker, pour soda water directly into the shaker, and strain into the prepared glasses. If you'd like to add alcohol, add the ice to the shaker with vodka or gin. Strain, and top with soda,
- Add cucumber slice, and enjoy the Tingles!
We substituted out the basil for mint. It turned out great! Good use of sichuan oil in a cocktail.
Simply wonderful! Even better on adding the flavor of an Apricot or sliced Kumquat. Mint leaves also adds more flavor along with the sweet basil leaves.
Simply wonderful! Even better on adding the flavor of an Apricot or sliced Kumquat.