Sichuan pepper is not limited to any one cuisine so why not use it in a pasta dish inspired by penne all’arrabbiata? With only five ingredients needed to make this simple sauce, get inspiration on how to use it as an adaptable base for various pasta dishes.
Ingredients for Arrabbiata sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes* less if you don't want too much heat
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can whole San Marzano tomatoes (chopped tomatoes work too!)
- Morton's sea salt
- 1/2 tsp 50Hertz Red Sichuan Pepper Oil
- Pecorino Romano (optional)
2. Add in 2 cloves of minced garlic (save last clove for later)
3. Add the whole can of tomatoes and use your spatula to break up the tomatoes (get all up in there!)
4. Cook until it reaches a simmer and lower heat and let the sauce cook for 20-30 minutes, or until it reaches your desired consistency.
5. Finish with some fresh minced garlic, salt to taste, and some sichuan pepper to give it that extra kick - stir it real good!
- 1/2 lbs box of dried Penne
- 2-3 qts of water
- 0.5 tbsp Morton's salt