Needing an afternoon pick-me-up? We decided to get tingly with 50Hertz Green Sichuan Pepper Oil. We had some left over Thai basil, a half cut lime, and part of a cucumber sitting in the fridge. Inspired by a mojito, we muddled the basil, lime, sugar, and green Sichuan pepper oil to make a nice refreshing mocktail.
- 8 Leaves Thai Basil, or regular basil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- slice of lime to garnish
- 1/4 tsp 50Hertz green Sichuan pepper oil
- In a cocktail shaker, add the basil, sugar, lime juice, and 50Hertz Green Sichuan Pepper Oil. Muddle until the sugar is dissolved.
- Prepare two glasses with ice.
- Rather than adding ice into the shaker, pour soda water directly into the shaker, and strain into the prepared glasses. If you'd like to add alcohol, add the ice to the shaker with vodka or gin. Strain, and top with soda,
- Add cucumber slice, and enjoy the Tingles!