The key to a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. (We declare that this is definitely a scientific and true statement!) So we come to you with not just one but TWO cookie recipes. In this recipe, we'll learn how to make a Tingly Sichuan pepper peanut chocolate chip cookie.
Click here for the 1st recipe in our chocolate chip cookie series: A tingly Adobo Sichuan pepper chocolate chip cookie.
Our second recipe was written by Trish and contributed by her friend and loyal 50Hertz-er, Meg. We've tweaked the sweetness levels a little so here is an adapted version of it. We hope you enjoy it as much as we have! (We loved it so much we shared it at a pop-up in Portland)
- 16 oz/ 450g All-purpose flour, Sifted
- 1¼ tsp Baking soda
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- 1½ tsp Coarse salt (Diamond Crystal Kosher salt)
- 2½ Sticks unsalted butter
- 8 oz/ 225g Light brown sugar
- 6 oz/ 170g Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Natural vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp Red Sichuan Pepper Oil (50 Hertz)
- 12 Oz / 340g Semi or bittersweet chocolate chips (OR same amount of chopped chocolate. We used 6oz/170g 100% unsweetened chocolate and 6oz/170g 58% dark chocolate, chopped)
- 10 oz (2 cans) Tingly 50Hertz Sichuan Pepper Peanuts, Chopped
- Maldon Sea Salt (sprinkle prior to baking)
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a mixer until very light.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix in well.
- Stir in vanilla and oil.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined. (DK: Add the flour in stages so it doesn’t get all over your kitchen counter!)
- Scrape out the dough into a large mixing bowl and stir in chocolate chips and Tingly Sichuan Pepper Peanuts by hand.
- Portion into mounds (about golf ball size) using a cookie scoop and drop onto a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours. You can also freeze the dough (well wrapped) to bake later.
- When ready to bake pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie tray with parchment paper or place on a non-stick baking mat.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and cook for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
There are no comments yet. Be the first one to post a comment on this article!